Sri Bestari Schools (“SBS”)
SBS views your personal data and privacy seriously. This notice is issued pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
Customers may have supplied and may continue from time to time, supply to SBS with their personal data and information (“data”) in connection with themselves, their children or other information as necessary and for the establishment or continuation of customer services or compliance with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory of other authorities. We may also verify or source personal information about you from third party sources (both public and private) such as credit reporting agencies, Companies Commission, Insolvency Department. Your visit to our public website may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns
Such data may include information concerning your personal details (such as name, age, gender, identity card number, passport number, date of birth, education, race, ethnic origin, nationality), contact details (such as address, email, phone numbers), family information (such as marital status, name of spouse or child or immediate family), occupation details (such as employer, income range, job title, job responsibilities, employer’s contact information and address), medical history (health and sickness report from a certified medical practitioner and medical records), payment information (bank account information and credit or debit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date) and other information such as yours and/or family members’ photographs, video recordings, closed circuit television (CCTV) footage and voice recordings. In addition, SBS may from time to time request for certain other personal information that may be relevant to consider your request for any other services provided by SBS.
Failure to supply such data may result in SBS being unable to open, establish, continue or provide the services or facilities or comply with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities.
It is also the case that data are collected from customers and other sources in the ordinary course of the continuation of the relationship for example, when customers write cheques, deposit money or apply for credit from banking institutions. This includes information obtained from any bureaus or agencies established or to be established by bank Negara or any of its subsidiaries or by any other authorities, any registered credit reporting agencies or any debt collection agencies that may be appointed by SBS, and with any authority, central depository or depository agent in relation to the securities industry.
The purposes for which data relating to a customer may be used and/or processed are as follows:-
- Exam results, parent and guardian contact, financial information and details of medical conditions;
- That information is kept manually in indexed filing systems electronically on the School information management systems;
- These notes refer to the “processing“ of information. Processing refers to obtaining and recording information or carrying out any operation on the information, such as storing or using the information or passing to third parties;
- The School processes information about you and your child in order to safeguard the welfare of your child, promote the objects and interest of the School, facilitate the efficient operation of the School and ensure that all legal obligations of the School are complied with;
- The School may process different types of information for the purposes set above. The information may include:-
Determining the amount of indebtedness owed to or by customers;
To process, use and disclose of the information for, among other activities, the following:
- Medical information and records including details of any illnesses or any other medical condition suffered by your child;
- Personal details including home address, date of birth, next of kin and etc;
- Information concerning your child’s performance in School, including school reports, examination reports, discipline reports;
- Financial information including payment of fees of this School;
to update on SBS events;
for record keeping;
to market activities, services and products offered by us, our partners as well as our appointed agents;
Market research and statistical analysis and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services;
For any purpose required by law or regulation;
For the purpose of enforcing its legal rights and/or obtaining legal advice;
Where in the professional opinion of the Principal/ Head of School it is deemed necessary to share the information to third parties;
- evaluation of any applications and notifying of any awards and grants;
- evaluation and notification of student related matters, such as candidature matters, exchange programmes, placements, programmes or courses, achievements;
- school related activities, training, events, competition, scholarships/ awards, nominations and exchange programmes;
- fulfillment of student related activities (e.g. orientation, conferences, festival celebrations, student benefit activities, student camps) as may be provided by SBS to create networking opportunities, contribute to the community, enrich student’s life and develop student holistically;
- publicizing, updating and/or reporting on the activities of and developments in SBS to students, staff, stakeholders and members of the public in any media, including media interviews by the general media, our school’s web sites, newsletters, collaterals, posters and publications;
Data held by SBS relating to a customer will be kept confidential but SBS may provide or disclose such information to the following parties for the purposes set out in paragraph 6 (who may also subsequently process, transfer and disclose such data for the purposes set out in paragraph 6):-
- Any agent, lawyers, third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, payment or securities clearing or other services to the SBS in connection with the operation of its business;
- Lang Education Sendirian Berhad’s subsidiaries;
- External service providers (including but not limited to mailing houses, telecommunication companies, telemarketing and direct sales agents, call centres, data processing companies and information technology companies) that SBS engages for the purposes set out in paragraph 6;
- Any bureaus or agencies established or to be established by Bank Negara Malaysia (including the Central Credit Reference Information System – “CCRIS”) or any of its subsidiaries, or by any other regulatory authorities; the Association of Banks Malaysia (ABM) of the Association of Islamic Banking Institutions Malaysia (AIBIM) whichever is applicable; any registered credit reporting agency; any authority, central depository or depository agent in relation to the securities industry; the police; any other governmental or regulatory authority or body, Credit Guarantee Corporation Berhad and in the event of default to debt collection agencies;
In connection with paragraph 7 above, in the event of any default in payment where the amount in the default is not fully repaid on or before the due date, the customer is liable to have his/her/its account data share with, disclosed to and/or retained by the relevant agency.
Under and in accordance with the provisions of the PDPA and the Code of Practice approved and issued under the PDPA, any individual may:-
- Check whether SBS holds data about him/her and of access to such data;
- Request SBS to correct any data relating to him/her which is inaccurate;
- Request clarification on SBS’s policies in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by SBS;
- In relation to facilities to request to be informed which items of data are routinely disclosed to registered credit reporting agencies or debt collection agencies.
SBS has the right to charge a fee for the processing of any data access request.
The customer can request for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held by mail to the address below or by visiting:-
Marketing and Admission Department
Sri Bestari Schools
Persiaran Margosa, Bandar Sri Damansara,
52200 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03 – 6275 5888
SBS reverses the right to amend his Notice to Customer at any time and will place notice of such amendments via any other mode that SBS views suitable.